Monday, June 30, 2008

Happy Canada Day! July 1st








Textile of the Day !


Today we celebrate Canada's 141st birthday and most everyone has time off work to enjoy the day in whatever way they please. There is much to be thankful about and to be grateful for living in this wonderful country where we enjoy so many freedoms and opportunities.

On Canada Day, I'd like to salute our peacekeepers and men and women of our armed forces who are stationed around the world proudly representing our country and helping to make the world a safer place for all.

I am both fortunate and proud to be a Canadian.

I'd like to share with you some pictures of my beautiful home land accompanied by the music of one of our national treasures, Gordon Lightfoot. The song " Beautiful" also has great sentimental meaning for me so I hope you enjoy both the music and the scenery as much as I do.






















1 comment:

allie aller said...

SSSooooooo glad to have you back, Leonie!
And thanks for the beautiful singing by Gordon Lightfoot and the imagery of your blessed country.