Monday, June 30, 2008

Happy Birthday to my beautiful Mum


My Beautiful Birthday Girl Joanie



After a long absence, I am finally returning to blogging. I have been spending more time with my Mum this past couple of months and today we celebrated her birthday. She was in fine form, matching wits with my fellas and holding court as the grand dame of the family. She thoroughly enjoyed her day and we are lucky to still have her to spoil.


On a textile note, paisley prints seem to be coming back into fashion and they are one of Joan's all time favourites! So, one of her birthday gifts was three yards of paisley fabric in her favourite colours. I am going to make her a quilted jacket with it to keep her cozy and warm for those cool summer nights and early fall days. She was delighted and we spent the afternoon pouring over ideas and pattern designs. We will keep it fairly simple and functional as the fabric is jazzy enough! If I play my cards right, she just might let me use the bit extra left over to tart up some denims for my upcoming Denim Duds Redone class at http://www.joggles.com/


Birthday Fabric for Jazzy Girl








No comments: