Thursday, September 06, 2007

Ah go on, be a kid again!


Although I am busier than ever with three or four large projects on the books, my mind has gone into limbo this past couple of days. Ever have that happen to you....the old bouncing brain syndrome when you just can't get the beano to settle in on one thing? In a way, it's a good sign as I know when this usually happens, shortly thereafter I have a flood of ideas and a flourish of creativity but for the time being, it's a bit frustrating and disconcerting.

I decided to putter through some of my old favourites online and came across this one.... a wonderful site from the National Gallery of Art in Washington DC - it's the Kids Art Zone and there are a plethora of things to do and play around with that just might stimulate your mind ( or mine!) Take a look-see.....


I'm toying with colour combinations these days and teeing up my stash with embellishments, threads, beads etc. I have on hand and playing 'Russian roulette' with some of them.
If you're playing with your fabrics and need a nice little colour boost, check out this wonderful resource.

I think I need a run to the Toronto textile district next week, with side orders of Chinatown and Kensington market - that always seems to stimulate me! Yeh, let's work that into the agenda!
Restless and ready to rip.....






No comments: