Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter eggs - nah, I'll take the eye candy please!


My kinda Easter blooms! Beady blossoms by Jenny Friske - Daffs by Mother Nature



Well it's Easter Sunday and the sun has finally broken through the grey gloom and the dirty brown snow is finally starting to recede somewhat. Spring has officially arrived but Mother Nature has not yet fully come around to that realization! With Easter falling early this year, there's no spring bulbs up, no sign of green, no robins and in a flurry I hid the Easter eggs and no one can find them, including me! The cat seems to be the only one having any luck in that department as I hear him excitedly batting them around the hardwood floor in the hallway.
I'm incredbily restless, not bored but slightly unsettled. I't's just that time of year and I NEED COLOR ! I'm not in a creative slump but I've got the bouncing brain syndrome plaguing me once again ( too much creative energy but can't hone in on one idea long enough to kick start it ).
I decided to leaf through my creativity folders. Smashing Magazine's Creativity Spark from Masters of Illustration immediately drew me back to one of it's older posts but one that will definitely get your gears rolling:

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2007/08/21/creativity-spark-from-masters-of-graphic-design/

Be sure to scroll down the screen as it just gets better and better. If you click on the individual photos, you will link to the portfolios of the artists for even more eye candy.

Ahh, who needs Easter eggs?

1 comment:

allie aller said...

Wow, Leonie, this is one amazing link. I had no idea this stuff was out there! Thanks....
....and hang on...spring is coming!